Freeze My Fat?? Okay!!September 10, 2021
Neurotoxins: Cosmetic, Medical Usage, Precautions, And Side effectsFebruary 25, 2022
With so many people wanting to look young, dermal fillers have proven their effectiveness in beautifying and treating various aging conditions like sunken cheeks, scars, and wrinkles. Dermal fillers are primarily used aesthetically by men and women alike to restore facial volume, resulting in a more youthful, refreshed appearance. In addition, they are also used to contour and enhance certain facial features. Formed by cross-linking Hyaluronic Acid molecules, dermal fillers are gel-like substances that work by reintroducing collagen into aged and sunken skin or enhancing certain areas. Dermal fillers help combat the static lines always there, no matter what face movement the face makes. Moreover, the results show restored volume, increased definition, contouring, and softening lines instead of following botulinum toxin in helping the active lines.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
To provide volume to those soft tissues, dermal fillers are injected into the specific face area to be enhanced. Once they are injected, they attract and bind the water in the skin, giving volume to the specific area of the face and giving a much more youthful appearance.
Dermal fillers can treat most mid or lower-face areas requiring volume. The areas include the nasolabial folds, lips, cheeks, under eyes, and marionette lines. Also, dermal fillers can add structure to the chin and jawline and subtly change the shape of the nose. This treatment can even be used in aging hands to restore volume and lessen the look of prominent veins.
As Dermal fillers become the mainstream cosmetic treatment, it offers temporary to long-lasting results such as:
- It helps eliminate deep wrinkles and fine lines at the corners of the eyes and mouth.
- Also, it can give smooth forehead furrows and frown lines between the eyebrows.
- On the other hand, it minimizes the appearance of scars from acne, surgery, or injury.
- Lastly, it adds volume and fullness to lips, cheeks, and around the eyes.
What Are The Dermal Fillers Brands?
These are the following FDA-approved fillers that are available in the beauty market today.
- Juvederm Ultra
- Restylane Lyft
- Juvederm UltraPlus
- Restylane Silk
What To Expect From Dermal Fillers Treatment?
The providers may ask some patients to ensure they are feeling well (no cold or flu) and not pregnant or nursing before the procedure. Of course, everything will begin with a consultation with a doctor or other trained medical providers specifically knowledgeable in cosmetic injections. This will allow patients to ask questions and discuss what type of results they are looking for. Correspondingly, they will also be asked some questions about their health history to ensure that they are good candidates for dermal filler treatment. The dermal filler procedure may take about 45 minutes. During the injections, a slight pinch will be felt when the needle enters the patient’s skin.
Note that most dermal fillers contain lidocaine, a local anesthetic, to help minimize any discomfort. Using topical numbing cream or ice packs can also help keep the treatment comfortable.
What Are The Side Effects Of Dermal Fillers?
As most medical procedures have, there are some risks and potential side effects to be aware of. The intensity and duration of the side effects will depend on the treatment aggressiveness and the patient’s healing characteristics, but they usually can last up to a week after treatment.
Correspondingly, the most common side effects are as follows:
- Swelling. This is usually seen the first morning after treatment but can be resolved in a few days and sometimes a week. However, it can be helped with a cold compress to the treatment area for 10 minutes every hour, with the head being elevated while sleeping on the first night after the treatment. Also, taking supplements to reduce inflammation.
- Redness. As mentioned, this is another common side effect right after the treatment areas. The makeup application can only be made 1 hour after the treatment to minimize the appearance.
- Bruising: With injectable treatments, bruising also comes with dermal fillers. However, this will be resolved as all bruises do, but it may take 7-10 days for the bruising to resolve completely. Doctors may also offer patients with complementary laser bruise treatments to help expedite the resolution of the bruising.
- Tenderness/pain: Patients will be recommended Tylenol or Advil after the procedure to help with any discomfort.
How Many Treatments Are Recommended For Dermal Fillers?
Immediately after treatment, patients will have some swelling giving their face a more volumized appearance. However, full results will be noticeable within a few days as the swelling decreases. Of course, it depends on the patients’ particular needs and the doctor’s recommendation according to what they see on the patient’s face.
How Long Will Dermal Fillers Last?
Although dermal fillers provide immediate improvements, they will give the best results generally in about two weeks once the swelling or bruising has been resolved, given that the filler already had a chance to settle. Moreover, this will also depend on the type of filler used, the amount injected, the treated area, and the patient’s unique rate at which the body metabolizes it.
Here are different timeline results for each brand:
- Restylane Silk – 3-6 months
- Belotero – 6 months
- Juvederm Ultra and Restylane – 9 months
- Juvederm UltraPlus, Radiesse – 12 months
- Volume – 12-24 months
- Sculptra – 24 + months
Overall, no matter how well the skin is being taken care of, the aging process will eventually catch up. Naturally occurring hyaluronic acid levels decrease with age, and the body loses elasticity. This will lead to the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, deeper folds, and a lack of volume. Lips may also begin to get thinner, while laugh lines may make their unfunny appearance as well as dark circles or hollowness around the eyes. The good news is JSJ Aesthetics offers various Dermal Fillers that provide a great non-surgical option to give the skin a refreshed look and a smoother, more youthful appearance. Their practitioners will help you select which treatment suits you best.